What Makes Your Vancouver Island Dental Specialists … Special?
A dental specialist is a dentist who has completed an additional 2+ years of post-graduate training in a specified field of dentistry. Our specialties and skills can be important to your well-being. If you have been referred by a dentist or hygienist, we will closely collaboration with them to complement their treatment. Although referral to us from your general dentist may be provided, it is not required and you have the option to contact us directly to schedule your consultation.
You will be treated in a comfortable and welcoming setting that has been designed and built to best manage and protect our patients and staff to minimize exposure to others as we take your health and that of our clinical and administrative staff seriously.
When our new office was opened in 2020, every effort was made in its design to create a clinic that meets and exceeds the guidelines for safe treatment of our patients, from enclosed rooms to minimize aerosol spread, venting patterns and frequency to better filter air throughout the office, along with multi-level HEPA filtration directly in treatment rooms and our ventilation system.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT … providing our patients the best in care
- Experienced Experts in their Fields
- The team at VI Dental Specialists have been recognized as leaders in their specialties. Drs. Leziy, Miller and Nault have been actively involved in education. They have mentored dentists both locally and internationally. They have guided many local dentists through study club and hands-on courses. Equally important, they have continued to expand their own knowledge base through continued education and training to provide the best care for their patients.
- Attention to Detail – from planning through treatment execution and follow-up
- Paying attention to the big picture but focusing on the fine-details has allowed us to become successful care providers in the communities that we have served. Constant focus on this allows us to confidently and meticulously manage the oral health challenges that we are charged to manage.
- Specialized dental treatment with advanced technology
- While knowledge and our focus on comprehensive planning-before-treatment are the foundation for successful outcomes, it is clear that our modern approach to dental care is strengthened by using the most advanced dental technology and procedures available.
- Assisting you with financial solutions
- For our patients who have dental insurance, we will assist you in direct reimbursement from your insurance provider. For those patients without insurance, we will provide clear and understandable plans with detailed financial breakdowns. For payment convenience, we accept Mastercard, VISA and other forms of electronic payment.
- Truly Compassionate Care
- Our entire team is focused on trying to make you feel comfortable through the entire process of care with us. We understand that going through dental treatment may be difficult for some of our patients- we dedicate ourselves to creating a positive experience for all of our patients.
WHAT ARE WE PARTICULARLY WELL KNOWN FOR?
We have developed an international reputation and are recognized by our colleagues for our expertise in many areas of treatment that you may be seeking.
Among these are the following dental implant procedures:
- Implant surgery using guided technology that increases accuracy/precision and reduces errors in implant surgery and can reduce the amount of time spent in the chair as well as reduce the number of procedures required. Dr. Leziy and Dr. Nault have been instrumental in refining these protocols with their laboratory partners to streamline the patient experience.
- Esthetic zone treatment- helping you maintain or improve your smile. Your VI dental surgical specialists are recognized as leading clinicians in the management of esthetically complex cases requiring dental implant treatment. Our conservative procedures involved in the removal of teeth, accurate planning and insertion of dental implant(s), management of bone and gum defects and methods to guide the healing of the surrounding gums will be considered in managing your smile.
- Immediate implant placement for the replacement of one, multiple or full-arch rehabilitations. In the right clinical situation, this concept allows us to offer dental implant placement more routinely at the time of tooth removal, along with insertion non-removable transitional tooth solutions.
- Same-day full-arch implant solutions (sometimes called all-on-4 or 6). Collaboration with our resident prosthodontist may allow the removal of failing teeth, implant placement and immediate connection to a temporary non-removable bridge in the right clinical situation. This can often eliminate the need for transitional dentures. Permanent bridgework is designed and fabricated after implants have fused/integrated in your bone.
THE ROLE OF TECHNOLOGY IN YOUR CARE
It is the goal of all dental practitioners to provide excellence in care. While our experience is critical to accomplishing this, there are many technologies that support our ability to excel in our treatment outcomes, including:
- STA injection system- a gentler way of providing local anaesthesia.
- Digital Radiography with the newest NOMAD technology – our assistants can more rapidly take x-rays with this system without even leaving the clinical treatment room.
- Cone Beam CT Scans (CBCT) – allowing high-definition 3D anatomic scans for diagnosis of more complex teeth/bone problems and for more accurate and safe implant treatment.
- Intraoral Optical Scans (iOS- 3Shape Trios)- rather than taking typical dental impressions, our scanner captures high-definition images of your teeth and tissues and will be used for planning your treatment, communication with the laboratory technician and for monitoring your oral health.
- Treatment of periodontal and dental implant diseases with HuFriedy EMS Air-flow technology- in the hands of our highly skilled Dental Hygienists, this treatment approach allows us to more comfortably and effectively ‘clean’ your teeth and roots.
- PRF growth factor technology enhancing your healing after surgery – a small presurgical blood draw is taken and concentration of your own blood-based growth factors in platelets and white blood cells are used in a surgical site to improve your recovery.
- Computer-guided implant surgery and immediately restored implants- computer planned and guided-surgery has been clearly shown to be more accurate that freehand implant treatment. This approach is also faster, less invasive, and safer than traditional non-guided surgery. In our opinion, it is the ‘gold-standard’ for implant treatment today.
- Galvosurge electrolytic implant detoxification- a new technology to assist us in treatment of diseases around dental implants. We have been forerunners in the use of this technology since its introduction in early 2022.